What is a "car rental day"?
What cars can I hire? Where can I rent a car?
- Rentals are charged in 24 hour periods, returning of the vehicle later than the time on the booking will result in an extra day being charged. A grace period of 2 hours is allowed for late returns.
- We deliver and collect to and from O.R. Tambo International and various other locations.
Please contact us to find out more.Is it safe to rent a car?
What do I need to rent a car?
- Yes! At Avo Car Rentals we only buy new vehicles and we regularly service and check all vehicles in our fleet to ensure your safety. You will also be present prior to receiving your rental car, as we do a final inspection for extra safety and security.
How do our Rentals work?
- Driver's license
- Your reservation and/or booking confirmation
- Your credit card/cash/debit card or proof of payment and
- If you are a first-time client, please bring along proof of residential address and proof of work (payslip)
What happens on the day that you get the car?
- We will send you a booking form that needs to be completed and send back to capture the booking.
- The booking will be confirmed with the client once the reservation number is generated by the system.
- Contact us to find out more.
- The driver from Avo Car Rentals will meet you at the place you have stated as the delivery address.You need to hand over the full amount of the rental to the driver.
What happens on the day your rental terminates?
- All rentals are paid in advance.
- You will be contacted to confirm that you will return the vehicle and you would need to state where you would like to return the vehicle.
Can I rent a car without a credit card?
- The driver will calculate all kilometers and fees outstanding and all outstanding amounts should be paid to the driver before departure/termination of your contract.
- Yes, you can! We do accept debit cards, cash or bank transfers. Regrettably, we do not accept cheques.
Is there a minimum age to rent a car?
- All traffic fines are for the account of the Renter and will be transferred onto the Renter's name.
Is there any other license requirements?
- The minimum age to hire a vehicle from us is 23 years. Special arrangements can be made should a young driver wish to rent a vehicle or be nominated as an additional driver; however, they must be in possession of a valid driver license for a minimum of 2 years.
What should I do if I am involved in an accident?
- International clients must ensure that they have their IDP (International Drivers Permit) should the license not be in English. In order to rent a Group Y (14 Seater) vehicle you will require a Code 10 as well as PDP license.
Please also contact the local police department so that you can obtain a case number.
*Please do not tow the vehicle - Avo Car Rentals will send their own authorized towing service to assist. What do I do if the vehicle breaks down?
If the breakdown is caused due to mechanical failure, we will arrange for a replacement vehicle and for the damaged vehicle to be towed, the costs of which will be covered by Avo Car Rental. Should the breakdown be caused by client error, negligence or accident, the Renter will be responsible for all resultant costs, including towing.
*Please do not tow the vehicle - Avo Car Rentals will send their own authorized towing service to assist What are super collision waivers?
In the event of an accident you are liable for a non-waiverable excess. What exactly are super theft waivers?
In the event of a theft of a rental vehicle, you are liable to pay the non-waiverable excess. Do I pay for towing, storage and assessors fees in event of accident?
- These fees are additional to the excess charged and are for the account of the Renter.
The rental will remain open until such time as Avo Car Rental receives the keys to the vehicle. Does the excess cover damage to tyres, windscreens and under-carriage damage?
Should I return the car with a full tank of petrol?
- No the excess does not cover repairs to tyres, windscreens and under-carriage, and the costs for these repairs will be for the Renter. Should these components be damaged as a result of an accident, they are covered by the excess.
- Our vehicles are supplied with an empty tank of fuel and therefore you need to return the vehicle empty.
Most of our fleet uses unleaded fuel. Please note that fuel can now be purchased with a credit card in South Africa. What is the contract fee?
What countries am I allowed to take an Avo Car Rental vehicle into?
- A contract fee of R90 is excluded from our rates and covers administration costs incurred for each rental.
- Should you require to drive across the South African border, Avo Car Rental does allow our vehicles to cross the borders of Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland, Zimbabwe and Malawi. In the event you would like to take our vehicles across South African borders please ensure to specify this when booking the vehicle so that Avo Car Rental staff can ensure that all the necessary paperwork is ready when you Avo Car Rental hands the vehicle over to you.
Should you require a one-way rental please ensure that Avo Car Rental staff is aware of this when booking the vehicle. What cross border fees apply when taking a car out of South Africa or a neighboring country?
Are there any hidden costs when I rent from Avo Car Rental?
- The cross border fee will be R550.
Do you charge a no-show fee?
- None at all! What you see is what you pay. Please ensure that if you need a vehicle to be delivered to you, a delivery cost may apply.
Which rental vehicles come with aircon?
- None at all! Should your travel plans be cancelled, please be so good as to notify us so that we may cancel your reservation.
- All of our vehicle groups come with air-conditioning.